WHAT IS SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION?
SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION, is a cosmetic tattoo that gives the illusion of fuller hair. This treatment is a perfect solution for hair loss including alopecia, cancer, hair transplant scarring, hairline recession and a thinning hair. This style, referred to as pointillism, is done to create natural-looking depth and definition.
To get such a meticulous outcome, BROW DESIGN BY DINA uses a 0.17 mm diameter needle – it’s the thinnest single needle available in the world! Made from the finest 316L ross stainless steel, our needles will replicate/create stunning shadow on your scalp. Since the needle is so thin, our SMP procedures are absolutely not painful.
Please note: During consultation we discuss everything client needs to know about the treatment and prepare each client beforehand.
- Shower before each treatment. You won’t be able to wash or wet your scalp for 4 days.
- Each treatment typically takes between four and five hours.
- How many treatments you need will depend on the amount of scalp getting SMP. Even if it’s only for a small area three to four treatments are still needed for long-term retention since SMP is a process of layering color.
- Treatments will be scheduled a few weeks apart.
- In the weeks between treatments, don’t go swimming, use steam or sauna rooms, or take extremely hot showers that may cause a steam storm.
Avoid exposing your scalp to the sun.
- Keep in mind, though, that less sun exposure to the treated area means better long-term retention.
- Avoid exercising for the first four days.
- Please note that SMP is considered semi permanent. While the effects may last up to 6 years, the treated area will fade over time since all skin naturally exfoliates itself. That said, if you have very dry skin, fading is likely to happen more quickly. As the skin tends to flake with dry skin, this can inadvertently exfoliate the pigment off at a quicker rate.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION AT BROW DESIGN BY DINA.
- Our consultation is free and lasts about 30 min.
- We do not perform consultations and procedures on the same day. We explain how it’s done, what is involved and prepare each client for a procedure. There are many things the client must avoid before getting any PMU procedure. All of that will be discussed on your consultation visit.
- An extra guest may come with you on your consultation visit. We will be happy to greet them with some expresso coffee and water.
- Please don’t be late. We value our clients time and those who travel to see us from other states. If you are late, Dina will not be able to provide you with a quality consultation and answer all of your questions.
- If You need to reschedule or cancel your consultation please give Dina 24 hours notice.
- No shows – will not be able to schedule consultations/procedures in the future.
- If you are planning a vacation, please make sure you mention that to Dina on your consultation visit. Sun exposure, ocean, chlorine and salt will be a reason to postpone your SMP procedure for one month. These conditions will cause your SMP procedure to have a poor outcome. Sweat and heat will cause an immediate fading, sun exposure and chlorine can change SPM color.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU SCHEDULE YOUR PROCEDURE AT BROW DESIGN BY DINA.
- When you schedule your procedure, 50% deposit will be required. Remaining balance will be paid on the day of the procedure.
- Please follow the “BEFORECARE” instructions provided at your consultation. They will give you information you should do prior to your procedure. Failure to follow these instructions prior to your procedure may result in a less than perfect outcome or even a cancellation of the procedure.
- Our office will contact and confirm all scheduled procedures 48 hours before.
- Please arrive 15 min before your procedure to fill out all necessary paperwork and complete the payment.
- No guests are allowed on your procedure day.
- If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please contact Dina 48 hours prior procedure.
- If you miss your procedure, you will be charged 50% of your deposit.
- No shows will not be able to schedule another procedure in the future.
- DISCLAMER: Dina can refuse service to anyone for any reason at her discretion.
FEES FOR SMP INCLUDE
Initial full procedure visit and second touch up visit
Custom design for every client
Complete review of medical history
Digital equipment with all disposable, sterile needles
Premium 100% plant based pigments
Premium skincare cleansing products
An exclusive 100% plant based aftercare ointment to take home
Brow Design By Dina aftercare book & guide